My good deed of the day

This happened a few weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to writing about it.

Madscutter came home from work one day and I said "Hey honey, I did a good deed today! I convinced K. not to donate money to the American Cancer Society!".

Then I started laughing because I realized that I would sound like a monster to anyone not aware of the drama surrounding the ACS and an atheist organization who wants to donate an assload of money to them, but isn't allowed.

Anyway, K. is organizing an event at work to raise money for a specific kind of cancer, so when she mentioned donating to ACS, I countered with links to stories about the drama and suggested a smaller charity that's specific to the kind of cancer she's raising money for. She agreed that the ACS isn't worthy of her efforts, which made me feel a bit victorious. But then I realized that the ACS has no idea that their behavior is costing them donations from other avenues that aren't at all atheist-related.

How do we let them know?

Seriously.

I have no idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I always believe rape victims

I apologize for not intentionally startling you, cranky lady

There was a good bit of hair pulling too